The story of bluegrass music in Greece is basically the story of the Train45 Bluegrass Band. Back in 1996 I was fortunate to meet Yiannis Gougourelas, a great bluegrass guitarist who has been my guitar buddy for all these years in our band. Train 45 has been performing all around Greece all these years introducing bluegrass music to wider audiences.
Find me on Facebook
- 3 ways to better jazz improvisations
- Am I really too old to start playing music?
- We are our repertoire. The case for building a solid repertoire
- Old-time fiddling: Playing the ‘wrong’ way
- Old-time fiddling: The means being the ends
- Old-Time fiddling: Bow grips and bowing mentality
- How people learn and what it means for us musicians
- A few thoughts on the concept of talent
- How to use the Diminished sound to simplify Jazz Harmony
- Busking is great
- Self-learning and music: It’s all up to you
- Techniques, not Technique!
- The Gypsy Jazz scene in Greece
- An interview with Prof. June Tillman on improvisation
- An interview with Prof. Frank Millward on improvisation
- Christopher Small is no longer with us
- Purism in Jazz: Purism as the end of jazz history
- Tips on how to approach improvisation
- The major pentatonic scale: Tips on how to use it